Poem 001

Wildman

I never met a man

without the wild man in him

no anger, no love

no fear, no passion

no spirit, no movemnt

no way

no tears - no soul

oh yes

I've met the men

who lost him

who let him die

that mass of men

leading quiet lives

of desperation

around the corner

in the house next door

sitting at the desk

opposite me

but I cannot

and I will not

be like that

i celebrate myself

I sing myself

dance a path

will you

speak it as you feel it

tell it as it is - for you

I cannot and will not

be your wild man

i cannot and will not

beg you

You can go on sleeping

rusting at the bottom of

the lake

you can call me names

poke fun at me try to

tie me down

but i call it as I see it

and you can choose

if you want to come

along or stay behind.

Geen opmerkingen: